Awhintia Te Wero.

Yesterday my class and I did science with Marijn and Tewharau, first blcok we focused on learning about the importantance of Tikauka and Harakeke for our Tupuna. The Tupuna used it for shoes, rain coats, shin guards, food (Suger from the Tikauka.) They brought some to school, like shin guards, shoes, and mini rain coats. Second block we got given glass, razor, water, and a patato. We put our Harakeke or Tikauka in between the cut of the patato and used the razor and cut a little of the Harakeke and put it on the piece of glass. When everyone was done Marijn put blue dye on all everyones Harakeke or Tikauka, once it was done 5 minutes later we got given a paper towel and had to get all the water out of the Harakeke. I picked Harakeke and it was pretty easy to get the dye off the glass and Harakeke. We used a microscope and had to have a look at, I discovered that under the microscope the Harakeke has like small air bubbles and it looks very pretty. Once we were done using the microscope everyone had to draw what they saw under the microscope. After that we went out to break. Third block we tested how strong the muka was and I was shocked to see that it weighted 28kgs until it broke. We put water into a bucket and some weights, but it wasn’t lots cause they only had a little bit of the muka. Last block we had to make solar panels and had to see how high we could get to get the highest number, my friend and I got up to 5.43. We ran all around the back just to get a high reading. Throughtout all of that we learnt how to respect the things and treat them good.